Re: [Amc-list] the strangest things....

" From: Frank Swygert <farna@xxxxxxx>
"
" Mark could be on to something there! But as I recall, there was a
" problem with the rear servo building up and holding pressure in high
" mileage BW transmissions. The fix was to drill a tiny hole in the
" servo then put a small cotter pin in the hole, mostly blocking it.
" That would let pressure bleed down unless the servo was applied
" directly.
" []
" I'll see if I can locate that servo fix info. -- exactly what size
" hole and exact location. Andrew, you wouldn't have that info handy,
" would you?

no, i don't.

" I do know one thing -- don't fix it and the rear band will drag while
" the car is moving. That will eventually burn up both the band and the
" drum. The band can be replaced and is easily found, the drum isn't.
" It's always better to go through something like this BEFORE a major
" part breaks.

i agree - fix a cheap problem before it becomes an expensive one!