Re: [Amc-list] Syn Lubes, a little more to it,,

Re: [Amc-list] Syn Lubes, a little more to it,,

AMSOIL has been recommending 7500 (or so) mile intervals for years. They
do recommend changing the filter and topping off about mid way though.
That would make a big difference even with dino oil. I run 5K intervals
myself, though will change at 18 months or so even if not making 5K
miles. If I switch to synthetic I'll go with 7500-8000 miles with a
filter change and top off in between.

One of the "secrets" to high mileage oil change intervals is EFI. If
you're running a carb stick to 3-4K or once a year. EFI doesn't pollute
the oil as fast as a carb, which doesn't run as close to the correct
mixture -- carbs almost always run a tad rich, which means more junk in
the oil.

--
Frank Swygert
Publisher, "American Motors Cars"