Re: [Amc-list] my new restoration blog

-----------> Today I mark the the begining of my restoration.

Adam, if you'd like to see the Feb 1963 Motor Trend coverage of the Car of
the Year, 1963 Rambler, I have some scans of it here...

http://library.route66rambler.com/Feb63MT.html

Just thought you might like to see it before you shell out on e-bay.
People tend to pay far too much for that issue of the magazine.

When it comest to rarity of the surviving cars, with anything older than
about 1975, it really depends more on what part of the country you are in,
than anything else.  I live in Phoenix, and still see these cars being
used for daily drivers and workhorses.  Back east or in the Great Lakes
areas, they are probably extremely rare.  As far as rarity at the time it
was produced, less than Chevys, surely, but still a lot of cars, as AMC
actually achieved #3 in sales just a few years before. At the time, they
were putting out in the neighborhood of 250,000 to 400,000 cars per year,
with only three lines, American, Classic, and Ambassador.  Not the Mom and
Pop operation people would have you believe.

Good luck on the restoration process.  Feel free to write and ask for
help, and  use the AMC-List till it wears out.
Keep Ramblin'
Michael Bailey
mikebailey@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx