Re: [Amc-list] door pic

I bet that car was repainted when the front clip was replaced. On the 63-64 cars the roof was almost always white when a two-tone was specified. The sail panels and windshield posts would have been white also. The practical reason was it kept the inside of the car slightly cooler in summer. AC was rather rare, becoming more popular in the later 60s and 70s.

------------
From: Matt Haas <mhaas@xxxxxxx>
Subject: Re: [Amc-list] door pic

Here you go:

Model: 63 Classic 2 door sedan, 770 trim
Trim: 1963 deluxe red bench in vinyl (this trim is unique to 770's,
likely fancier door panels and maybe seat patterns)
Paint: Classic Black with Frost White accent color (usually roof but may
be other parts as well)

--
Frank Swygert
Publisher, "American Motors Cars"