Re: [Amc-list] t96, torque, revvy sixes, was Re: more information on my

Re: [Amc-list] t96, torque, revvy sixes, was Re: more information on my 63 770

My 3rd Rambler was a 59 American. I forget who I bought it from but it was in
Holliston Mass around 1977. Paid $50. Have photo on snowy winter day I got
it. Holes in the floor. flathead with auto trans. best $50 I ever spent on a
car.

In the winter I carried a hammer what with to whack the starter to get the
solenoid to pull in. Why didn't I simply replace it? Who knows now.

I did get it to near 80 mph once, downhill like the cliche. I too remember
pressing the pedal, got an increase in noise but no increase in speed.

Axle shaft parted one day in a parking lot when my mother borrowed it to go to
a grocery store. Old fracture, THAT! sure wasn't from motor torque! Replaced
that just fine.

What kilt is dead was trans issues. Badly slipping, the frame rails were
rotted so bad the weld-in nuts for the rtans x-member spun and couldn't get
it down. It went to the crusher. Hey, it was 1977...