Re: [Amc-list] interested in a trade??

The letters AMBASSADOR were in that ornament.  On the
AMBOs there were a similar ornament on the truck lid
and the 880 or 990 badges were on the front fenders.

As others have said the Classic and Ambassador hoods
were the same as the Classic in 1963 AND 1964.  If you
need sheet metal, that makes it a little easier to
find.  AMC sold a pot full of those cars.

Adam, I recommend you get the factory sales literature
for the 63 Classic/Ambo and you'll have more info
about how the cars looked when new.  The literature is
available from lit dealers and also frequently shows
up on Ebay.

Whenever I get a new-to-me AMC I usually go looking
for the literature.  I'm just like that.  I like to
know how the factory speced them out.

I do have a 63 Classic 770 wagon with the aluminum six
but it's a "someday" project car right now.

Joe Fulton
Salinas,CA