Re: [Amc-list] New to this and can't find information

Re: [Amc-list] New to this and can't find information

Welcome Adam,

Are you sure your engine date code is not 309C01?   I
don't know about the "s" in front, but the date code
above indicates it is an aluminum 196 engine built on
September 1, 1962.

The "s" could be a mis-strike at the engine plant or
where the block was cast.  The aluminum blocks were
cast by a subcontractor experienced in that sort of
work.

If so, your car would be an early production 1963
model.  Could you give us the body number and
production number (bottom number starting E or W) off
of the door tag?

If you get in to the AMC literature you can find
determine the relative "rarety" of your car.