Re: [Amc-list] OT - Blast Cabinet

Todd, the bigger the better as far as blast cabinets go. But first make sure that you have an air compressor large enough to handle the constant air flow, at least an 80 gallon tank and should be a 2 stage. Then when looking at the cabinet check to see how the lens' are changed, could you make them out of lexan/plexiglass or do you have to buy them. Is there a "frame" that come off or is it like the first one I bought and has a rubber "gasket" the lens goes into if you can get it back together. The gun and hand space does take up considerable space, so if you have room get a larger one so you don't have to buy it again. Hope this helps.

Dan Whitehead

I'm thinking about buying a blast cabinet.  I've never used one before.  How
much of your usable space is taken up by your hands and the gun?  In other
words, how big of one would I need to have to do something like strip the
paint and rust off a V8 oil pan?

Todd