Re: [Amc-list] VIN NUMBER LOCATIONS 1978 CONCORD

Re: [Amc-list] VIN NUMBER LOCATIONS 1978 CONCORD

The last six digits of the VIN number are supposedly
stamped into the inside "frame" rail behind or near
the steering box.  The numbers were actually there on
a couple of cars I have checked.

On sixties Ramblers at least, there was a body tag
screwed to the passenger side floor (under the carpet
and padding, of course) which contained the VIN number
and several other details for the body.  It was
applied at the body plant and used to track the body
until it was delivered to the assembly plant.

Joe Fulton
Salinas,CA

--- Richard Truesdell <richt@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>