Re: [Amc-list] a surprise in my 79 AMX

In a message dated 7/26/2007 2:17:56 P.M. Eastern Daylight Time,
gasnordstrom@xxxxxxxxxxx writes:

I  recently removed the engine from the 79, preparing it for my 343, dynoed
408 HP.
The engine which I thought was a 304, preformed   radically, one wheel wonder
burning through 2 gears,mmmm thought this 304  is strong.  when removed, I
discovered it had a 360 2bbl, contacted  original owner, a women, stated
never done anything to engine. I am happy  that it is a 360, as it is going
in my scrambler, and have the proper cam  and intake.
how to I clearify what engine came with it, or was it a corp  mistake

Your lucky man,When I first bought my 73 Javelin years ago.the 7th  digit on
the V.I.N  said N which means 360 2v and that's what the dude  I bought it
from  said it had and it was all built up buut when i removed  the tired motor
after it spun a bearing it said '304' on the side.Man I was  bummed.
Bart
74 Gremlin X 360
 'checked  underneath and it really  is'