From: Peter Marano <PMarano@xxxxxxxxx>
Subject: Re: [Amc-list] AMC V8 Diesel--Did AMC ever create one?
To: amc-list@xxxxxxxxxxxx

I suspect that GM's biggest mistake was to release the diesel
engine in
main stream cars.  People weren't ready.  My guess is the
engines were
beter than the care they were receiving.

Local cab companies would change cylinder heads and intake
manifolds
converting the engines to gasolene when the injection system
would fail,
since the short blocks were still viable. I wonder how many
injection
pumps were ruined by pumping gasolene.