[Amc-list] 1964 Rambler Convertible

Message: 8
Date: Sat, 21 Jul 2007 09:03:12 -0400
From: "Thomas L. DeBusk" <tleed@xxxxxxxx>
Subject: [Amc-list] I shoulda had a V8! (in a '64 American)

I've just acquired a 1964 Rambler American convertible. It's sat in a
field for several years, top gone.

I'm evaluating it and considering what to do with it. I also have a
Jeep 360 that was destined for a J10 already built and sitting on an
engine stand. It's tempting.

I'm wondering how difficult it would be to install the V8 in the
American instead. Apparently the '64 & '65's are shorter than the '66-
ups. Does that matter?

And are there easy shortcuts? Like replacing the engine cradle with a
later V8 one? Or is fabrication better? Any wisdom would be welcome.

Thomas
1964 Rambler American convertible
currently 196 OHV, AT

===-===

Post some photos!

How's the floors ?

Car Color ?

Mazda has twin electric fans that are 'pushers' -
in a metal shroud I've heard.

Transmission I'd choose would be the Aisin JEEP
2wd AW - check www.naxja.org for one.

This would give you a 4spd automatic behind
the 360.

www.bulltear.com sells engine swap mounts.

Big disc brakes up front goes without saying -
take a look at some Ford Cobra items - twin pistons.

early 'E'Jag IRS with a light weight Ford Racing
center section would be a 'smooth move' fed
by an Alum. drive shaft.

Interior - I'd choose the 50's - 60's
fabric for the Upholstery.

Nash has some sumptuous offerings for 1954
as Stripe always goes well.

Move the Radio Antenna to the right
rear quarter - Electric - .

just my .02