[Amc-list] I shoulda had a V8! (in a '64 American)

[Amc-list] I shoulda had a V8! (in a '64 American)

I've just acquired a 1964 Rambler American convertible. It's sat in a
field for several years, top gone.

I'm evaluating it and considering what to do with it. I also have a
Jeep 360 that was destined for a J10 already built and sitting on an
engine stand. It's tempting.

I'm wondering how difficult it would be to install the V8 in the
American instead. Apparently the '64 & '65's are shorter than the '66-
ups. Does that matter?

And are there easy shortcuts? Like replacing the engine cradle with a
later V8 one? Or is fabrication better? Any wisdom would be welcome.

Thomas
1964 Rambler American convertible
currently 196 OHV, AT