[Amc-list] Pearly Whites

My retirement plan, or sooner, is too replace all the repaired rustbelt parts with nice rustfree unpatched stuff and respray in one of the newer pearl whites with base/clear...

Besides it never hurts to have spares for a 38 year old car!!!
--
Mark Price
Morgantown, WV

===.===

Strange..... mentioning 'Pearl White' - <ramble in effect> -

I was on the Metro North heading down the Hudson River
to Grand Central Station - checking out Paint on all
the rides in the parking lots - quite a few - .

Was thinking of a Rogue I'd seen in the RWB paint -
mostly White with the wide Red waist band - Blue
rockers etc. - very *Tasty* scheme - but I was
looking for a 'White' that had more body -

Pearl usually is too much Pearl - witness the Cadillac Allante'
two seater - which is fine on the showroom floor but add
a few chips 'n is cheaper lookin' than a '68 Double-Wide on
packing crates.

Enter: = the new LINCOLN whatever it is SUV =

*Nice* subtle White mildly Pearl paint - saw one pulling out
of the station and another while partaking just outside
GCTerminal off Lexington Ave. - this is a Pearl White
that I believe will 'wear' well over time.

This paint you could use a non-Pearl Red / Blue against and would
look Stellar.

My Cat is a 'Snow Pearl' White - parked at this moment
to the left of my keypad in the top drawer - all 15 lbs. -
so this *White* thing runs in the Family - partial too.

Check out the LINCOLN whatever it is SUV - has cool looking
tail light panel treatment as well - no Idea what the thing costs -
let alone FUEL.......

AMC content:

They had NASCAR #48 at the new Lowe's Depot today -
almost had my pix taken with the car but the line
of 7 year olds ahead countersteered me to a cooler of
GatorAide just inside the Main door.

Before all this tho, a Toyota Tundra parked in front
of my Cherokee - yeah, I know..... but that 4.7 litre
is my favorite mill - belt drive DOHC, VVT-i, compressed
graphite light weight Iron cyl. block,powder forged rods,
forged crank, 'n looks like a HEMI - 284.5cu.in. 271HP.....
sounds 'hairy' running thru Borlas' -

I've got a pix of one as a screensaver.... . so I asked the guy:

"say Budd....that a 4.7?  . mind popping the hood? - I'm
thinking of stuffing one of these in a Gremlin.......

You'd think I was his rich long lost cousin - grinning ear to ear:

"a Gremlin?...... you mean Gremlin? slanty back car [gesturing - Grin]?
one of
those ? Really?... Christ! it'll be the fastest Car out here !

At least the fastest Gremlin!..... you have one of those ?  What Color?
Blue? yeah..... I think I know that color..... like Blue Jean Blue?
Yah.....I' seen one like that - I know that color ! I got an '85 Toyota
truck too - jeeze,

Incredible.

Folks LOVE AMC - regardless.

[sweet fu&!n motor to look at...last year belt drive / gear'd cams - 2006 -
looks like two big black titts hangin' off the front of the motor - god!she's
sexy.....
.. and the exhaust headers dump in the right places to fit the Hornet/Gremlin
series with no mods - god this is tough!]

Well, lessee..... Nash made Fighter Aircraft Engines in WW-II, after
the conflit the Japanese used the Aluminum scrap which was then recycled
a few times
and ended up here in the USA, where AMC must have made SOMETHING AMC
out of - which got recycled and went to the Toyota foundry in the
South - which became a 4.7..... so .... help me out on this John Elle...;)
the Buick engine AMC used had aluminium right ?

--

                            ___
        =Bt=              /~   ~\
  milnersXcoupe          |_      |
   "The Heretic"         |/     __-__
                          \   /~     ~~-_
                           ~~ -~~\       ~\
                            /     |        \
               ,           /     /          \
             //   _ _---~~~    //-_          \
           /  (/~~ )    _____/-__  ~-_       _-\             _________
         /  _-~\\0) ~~~~         ~~-_ \__--~~   `\  ___---~~~        /'