Re: [Amc-list] fsj 232/th400 [was: AMC Ads]

Re: [Amc-list] fsj 232/th400 [was: AMC Ads]

" From: Wrambler242@xxxxxxxxxxx
"
" I've never seen nor heard of anyone who has seen an actual example.

i haven't either.  autos of any sort were still somewhat unusual back
then, doubly rare in a truck, triply in a 4x4...

" The only real world use I can think of is in the Jeep or to someone who has built a strong 60's six and is tired of toasting aircooled warners and wants an automatic.

they could go with an iron warner...  they may or may not have been an
hd option in the '60s but were used in scouts '68-'71 and postal jeeps
up to the mid '70s - though i don't know if am general used
contemporary amc sixes or made their own small-bell ones.  that they
continued to use warner autos makes one think though.

" Granted a turbo 400 with all those cast iron adapters isn't going to be light!

as heavy as the th400 is to start with, i doubt an adapter would be
very noticeable.