Re: [Amc-list] 4-Speed Wagon?

A: Unless you only drive in town, wouldn't a 5 speed be more practical? An AX-15 from a '90 up 2wd Cherokee or 2wd Grand Cherokee (4.0L only) would be doable.

Subject: [Amc-list] 4-Speed Wagon?
To: mail@xxxxxxxxxxxx

Just wondering and a bit of dreaming.
Would it be possible to put a 4-speed trans in the 75 Matador
Wagon?  The
auto trans is bleeding a lot and the bench rebuild looks around
$650.  Would
there be pedel sets that would bolt in and linkage and such for
this big
monster?  I believe that the trans may not be a problem as it
bolts up to
the bell housing and probably an adjustment for the drive shaft
length?

Anything else needed to know, IF, this could really be done?
Thanks for the time, knowledge and input!

Richard