Re: [Amc-list] Sticker shock should be no surprise.

Re: [Amc-list] Sticker shock should be no surprise.

Rotors for '82 Spirit
4885741 $48 each (plus tax) (Chinese ones only left in NAPA's supply unless
you find old stock US/Canada/Mex made 85741s) plus bearings and seals
calipers # 142-4008/142-4009
$35 each unloaded (plus core) or
442-4008/4009
$50 each loaded

I found some trailer spindles in the Balkamp catalog that take the same size
bearings and "appear" to have the same specs as the AMC spindles (if I get a
chance, I'll compare them when I do the front brakes on my Spirit) I also
plan to check the local trailer place to see if they have a disc brake
caliper bracket that is similar for trailer use (disc brake trailers have
become more popular in recent years)

PS: For those in areas with NAPAs that are open today, the 4th of July 20%
off bag sale should be in effect. (they have one every major holiday.
Sometimes on the day, like July 4th and sometimes before or after like
Christmas, Thanksgiving and New Years)