Re: [Amc-list] MY RAMBLER WAS STOLEN! - TEXAS

Re: [Amc-list] MY RAMBLER WAS STOLEN! - TEXAS

Arfon,

At 08:53 AM 7/2/2007 -0700, you wrote:

>Arvon Griffiths <arfonrg@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
>Subject: Re: [Amc-list] MY RAMBLER WAS STOLEN! - TEXAS
>To: "AMC/Rambler owners, drivers and fans." <amc-list@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
>
>The AMC world is a small community, if you guys will be on the
>lookout for Texas (or nearby states) 67 Rebels being parted out, that
>is what I need.  There's a police report so the VIN is now NATIONALLY
>listed as stolen.  The only thing they can do is part it out.

First off, I hope they get 'em.  I am familiar with that sick-to-the-stomach feeling you get when you know someone has been there poking through your stuff, and took something important to you.

I would say keep your eyes on eBay, too, for pieces from that car that might come up.  I'm sure many Machine guys can use the fenders, etc.

You can have my 69 Rebel if you want it:

        http://hasdrubal.tripod.com/AMC-Owner-Newman/69Rebel01.jpg
        http://hasdrubal.tripod.com/AMC-Owner-Newman/69Rebel02.jpg
        http://hasdrubal.tripod.com/AMC-Owner-Newman/69Rebel03.jpg

It has a few things pulled from it and you'd need a title service to title it, but you can have it for free (even though I paid a few dollars to move it and store it where it is).  All I ask is that you do something with it to preserve it.

This information page has the numbers off the car, as well as additional photos of the car as it was when I took possession of it:

        http://hasdrubal.tripod.com/AMC-Owner-Newman.html

It's stored in Shenandoah County, VA.

-- Marc Montoni