Re: [Amc-list] American trunnion (58-63 type)

Re: [Amc-list] American trunnion (58-63 type)

DUH! I forgot one bit of advice when drilling those harened bolts (the horizontal pin) out! The harder the material, the slower the cutting needs to be. So slow the mill down. Also, use a good cutting oil. Something like WD-40 or a light machine oil doesn't work was well. It's best to flood the area while cutting, so if you're set up for "dry" cutting you may want to take it to a shop instead.

--
Frank Swygert
Publisher, "American Motors Cars"