[Amc-list] Transmission line help

A few months ago I developed a transmission leak on my 86 Eagle. I have to add about a quart of fluid a week. Until today I had not had time to try to find the leak (I figured it was a pan gasket or something like that). Today I finally got under there and started looking (the undercarriage is well lubricated) and noticed that where the front drive shaft is pretty rusty looking there is a well polished band about 2 inches wide. Looking above it, there is a flexible line that appears to be about 6 to 8 inches long (I couldn't really tell, it was hard to see) and it runs from the side of the tranny to one of the cooling lines that runs to the radiator. This flex line is resting on the front drive shaft and has a pretty good size hole in it. Where can I find one of those lines flex lines?

My boss, whom I got the car from, had a rebuilt tranny installed about 7 years ago and only drove the car for a year before parking it. It then sat until about 3 years ago when they gave it to me for my birthday and I have been driving it about 2 and a half years. It appears that when the tranny was installed this line was installed incorrectly so it sits on the drive shaft. I am surprised it took that long to wear a hole in the line.

Jamie Smith
Spokane, WA.
oconner51@xxxxxxxxxxx<mailto:oconner51@xxxxxxxxxxx>
1966 Rambler American 220 Station Wagon