Re: [Amc-list] success, success, failure, and success

Re: [Amc-list] success, success, failure, and success

Tom Jennings wrote:
<snip>
> * The gas tank is all cleaned out, epoxy tank liner ordered. Will cut
> 16ga patches, JB WELD and 15 screws each patch, then epoxy liner. If I
> had the nerve I'd weld the patch on. Maybe I'll try that after some
> practice (I got a lot a steel sheet). Don't need to burn holes in the
> damned thing though.
<snip>

Tom,

Brazing will be plenty strong enough for this repair if you want more
strength than JB Weld and screws. BTW, if you go with screws, you
probably want to use button head screws so you don't have sharp corners
digging into the floor pan.

Matt
--
mhaas@xxxxxxx