[Amc-list] New England AMC Rambler Nash Show info

[Amc-list] New England AMC Rambler Nash Show info

Rick and I finalized the show dates today and booked the field.  This will be the 29th all AMC Rambler Nash show, and will be held Labor Day Sunday, September 2, 2007.  Once again, it will be held at the Commercial Club in East Bridgewater, MA.  Real easy to get to-right off Rte 18, Bedford Street.  As always, FREE vending.  Entry to the show is a $10 donation, and all profits will go to a charity.  Dash Plaques for the first 100 cars.  Trophies will be People's Choice votes, but that is not the intent of the show.  We want to get together again and just have a good time showing the cars.  Classes have not been determined yet, but will probably have trophies for 1st, 2nd, 3rd. Also two special trophies-Best in Show is dedicated to Bert Kaptyn, a member from the 70s who passed away at a young age and was just finishing a restoration of his car that would meet today's standards (Back then, "restorations" of muscle cars meant new or new looking parts, but not always factory corr
 ect).
There is also a Ladies Choice named for Craig Miller.  Craig's parents were original members from the 70s and Craig helped with every show, finally entering his own cars.  Craig was the only Secret Service Agent killed while helping evacuate the World Trade Center on 9/11.

The Classic AMC/AMX Club of New England was founded back in 1975 and still has over a dozen people that own their cars from back then.  We had 28 consecutive shows on Labor Day Sunday, but have been unable to pull it off the last few years. We had a 1000 point judging system for restored cars that led to some of the best examples of restored cars in the country, and some of the most knowledgeable people in the hobby. There were typically 80-100 cars on the field for the show.

We are looking for a food vendor for the show, so if anyone knows someone, let us know.  We are not looking to make any money off the food, so the vendor keeps it all. However, the Commercial Club sells the soda, beer, wine, etc (Alcohol license from 12-4), so the food vendor cannot sell these items.  Someone with a canteen truck would be great-the place even has a large barbeque pit we can use for burgers, dogs, etc.  We can get help with the cooking and serving, but do not want to "upfront" the cost of the food.

Also, if someone wants to handle stock class judging for Platinum, Gold, Silver, Bronze. let us know that as well.

If you want a flyer (Word or Appleworks) e-mail me at tbenvie@xxxxxxxxxxx and I'll send it out.  The flyer and more info will be available at www.amcgarage.com this weekend.

Please send us your input as we would love to hear what you have to say.  Also, let us know if you are coming.

On another note, I sold my last AMC car today, a 71 Javelin.  After over 1,000 AMCs since 1973, I am now, and probably will be, AMC-less.

--
Thomas M. Benvie