Re: [Amc-list] finding AMC V8s

A: I think it has more to do with the high cost of fuel now (10 mpg is average when people don't know how to adjust them right and slapping bigger tires on stock highway geared axles just makes them worse!) When I am pulling down 20 mpg in my fuel injected 6 full size Jeep, it's not going to be a secret how to do it. I want to help improve the number of these rigs getting back on the road for MUCH longer!

From: msproviero@xxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Re: [Amc-list] finding AMC V8s
To: amc-list@xxxxxxxxxxxx

 I agree.  They are still very common, at least in Michigan.
360's seem to be everywhere lately.  Full-size Jeeps were very
popular up here in their day and it seems that there is a surge
of them heading to the junkyards or parts market due to finally
being rusted out, but not necessarily non-functional.  At one
point I had 4 or 5 complete 360's and 2 401's (kept one).
Usually people just don't want to deal with the huge hunk of
rust that the motor resides in or don't know what to do with the
rest of the drivetrain.  Lots of J-trucks have been popping up
lately, also.

-Spro