[Amc-list] AMC V-8's in Atlanta

I went to the two local Pull a Part junkyards yesterday and I counted about
8 AMC 360 V8 engines, complete, still in their assorted Grand Wagoneers and
FSJ Cherokees.  Price, intake to oil pan, sans accessories, plus core
charge, less then $200.

Same deal for the 401 engine I found there a year or so ago.

360s are currently still very common around Atlanta. Granted, not all of
them may be "drop in and go" ready, but I would be willing to bet that at
least a couple would be good for 100K plus miles in "drop in"

condition. There's an 89 Grand Wagoneer there now that obviously has been
off the road for years-due to body damage. Good likelihood that it received
that damage early in its life and was just parked with low miles.

They are still out there, but lots of times you just have to put some effort
into looking for them.

Sounds fantastic, nothing like that around here. Makes me want to jump in my
van and head East. One question though. How would I get the engine and
transmission out of the car and on my trailer? I can't do it by myself.
Would the yard crew help or what? When you say sans accessories does that
mean "bare?" What would I have to buy/find to make it run? If I can get a
good one for a reasonable price I might buy it and store it until I'm ready
to put it in the Gremlin.