Re: [Amc-list] AMC V-8's in Atlanta

I bring my own hoist with me. $100 fold away model that fits nicely in the
back of my shortbox Comanche (I just washed all the grease off it from
bringing home the 2wd AW4 last week and the HUUUUGE Wisconsin powered
Devilbiss compressor I just bought plus a core 4.2L) I have to take the back
bumper from my '73 J4000 (with 5 point class 4 hitch and steel bumper that
has taken many loading dock and runaway car hits with minimal damage) to put
on my '83 J10 (it's also getting the J4000's rear axle I swiped from a '76
J20 and 8 lug front brakes with some of the old springs added for weight
capacity)
   Tomorrow I get to check out a 5 ton Ford flatbed (sans motor/trans) that
will get the 304 and 727/NP208J, D or F tcase (whichever will work best!)
and later a Jtruck cab to make it a real FSJ tow/junk hauling truck!

(I think I'm biting off a bit more than I can chew this month, but my son
didn't come to visit this week to help with my cabin, so I have a few days
to myself to waste till my birthday thursday!) I'm definitely going to get
the AMC Spirit's 9" rear brakes replaced by thursday. That way it'll be
rolling again (I got the broken doorhandles replaced yesterday and just need
to lube the mechanisms to keep them from breaking again)
   Until my buddy called me a few minutes ago about the flatbed, I had been
planning to drop the 999 in the Spirit (maybe start installing the AW4) and
T5 from the J10. Found parts for the T5 today (maybe. '88 S10 trans with
nearly snapped off output shaft and no 5th gear for free) but I'm thinking
I'm going to just swap out to an automatic now. (while I still have some of
my 77 driveshaft collection left. Damn thieves!)