Re: [Amc-list] It's Done

--- Tom Jennings <tomj@xxxxxxx> wrote:

> What manufactuer today has the GUTS to offer
> interior colors with an
> opinion!

One of the things that attracted me to the car was the
seventies look of the interior.  Who but AMC would
choose those fabrics?  Well, I guess the Vega was on
the market then and the Pinto was breathing its last
and there may have been some outlandish interiors in
those.

When I called SMS and found that the material was
still available I had to have it.  The upholsterer
even reproduced the orange piping on the black vinyl
seats, which he said was easy to do. Makes me recall
the plaid pants and wide ties of my early professional
engineer days.

Soon I plan to show the engine to the man who sold me
his late mother's car which donated the engine.  I had
promised to restore it, but the upper body rust
(rusted window channels and holes in the C-pillars)
was too much to deal with.  Hopefully, he'll be
pleased that the engine is running well and still has
a life.

Joe