From: "Tom Jennings" <tomj@xxxxxxx>
To: <hh7x@xxxxxxxxxxx>; "AMC/Rambler owners,drivers and fans."
<amc-list@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Sent: Sunday, June 24, 2007 2:05 PM
Subject: Re: [Amc-list] Oil Protection - ZDDP or Bust -

<http://www.mobiloil.com/USA-English/MotorOil/Oils/Mobil_1_FAQs.aspx>

> > *Mobil 1 Truck* and *SUV* 5W-30 for Gasoline Engines *...* Additionally,
> > *Mobil 1* 15W-50 contains higher levels of anti-wear (*ZDDP* or Zinc
> > DialkylDithioPhosphate) *...*
> > www.*mobil**oil*.com/USA-English/Motor*Oil*/*Oil*s/*Mobil*_*1*_FAQs.aspx
> > - 30k -
> >

> > you're in one of the few areas where that makes sense.  you may have
> > to settle for CI rated diesel oil, 15w40, though...
> > Andrew Hay                                  the genius nature
> > internet rambler                            is to see what all have seen
> > adh@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx                       and think what none thought
> >

> > Nope, available in 5w-30 for your Viewing Pleasure.
> >

> > Rotella-T 15-40, can get it at Walmart for $7 something a gallon
> >

> > Here is a link to Rotella and Dello info
http://www.rotella.com/products/
<http://www.ford-trucks.com/lc/lc.php?action=do&link=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.rotell
a.com%2Fproducts%2F> http://www.chevron.com/products/pro.../prodspecs.shtm
<http://www.ford-trucks.com/lc/lc.php?action=do&link=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.chevro
n.com%2Fproducts%2Fprodserv%2Fnafl%2Ftrucking%2Fcontent%2Fprodspecs.shtm>

> > Being 'Certified' Diesel does not make this 'Diesel Engine Oil' - only -
.

> > It works in Diesel Engines - and - Gasoline engines without drama.
> >

> > Diesel Engines conceptually require 'greater protection' against metal
> > metal contact - due to their 'Higher Performance Engines' - not - that
they
> > use Diesel Fuel.
> >
> > HP oils traditionally had ZDDP packages - due to EPA pressures - gone is
> > that 'Certified' Rating...... now to obtain HP Oils, for your Hot Yamaha
Bike
> > or Kawi 'Z' or your 'Vette you must look for 'Diesel Certified' oil as
it
> > will contain the HP protection package of yesteryear.
> >

> > When the EPA pushed to get rid of the ZDDP packages - the Trucking
Industry,
> > faced with huge down time / repair bills struck back.
> >

> > - the Government then allowed the
> > protective packages to continue under the HD Diesel 'Certified'
Catagories -
> > whose weight limits included Truck & SUV - allowing 'wiggle room' by the
> > Manufacturers.
> >

> > The EPA wants smaller clearences in engine parts so that the Oil
Distillers
> > can make more 'Energy Conserving Oils' - instead of 'High Performance
Oils'