[Amc-list] Chevy in AMC - 'revisited' -

From: "Clarence Milstead" <cmilstead@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: [Amc-list] How 'bout a Chevy?
To: <amc-list@xxxxxxxxxxxx>

Thursday afternoon I took my cars to my favorite garage for their annual
state inspection, they passed with flying colors, even the 36 year old
Gremlin. After the inspection I looked around the garage, in one stall was a
sharp looking 1966 Ford with a 390 4-V engine complete with chrome valve
covers, it was getting a tune-up. In the next stall was a Jeep that they
were removing the front cap and radiator from. The mechanic was the same one
that put the 3.55 gears and posi in the Gremlin. The Jeep had a 258 six and
it was coming out and a SBC was to be installed. The mechanic said he had
probably done 20 of these swaps. I told him that I might want to put an AMC
360 or 401 in my Gremlin one day. He said he could do it but it would be
easier and cheaper to put a SBC in.  This SBC came from a pickup that had
been rolled and totaled but the engine was not damaged. It will have fuel
injection and all of the modern goodies. He showed me the wiring harness and
computer that was on the workbench. I asked about the radiator and he said
they bought a special radiator for the SBC that worked fine. Then he showed
me a Jeep outside that looked great and had been lifted a little. He said
the owner had over $10K in the SBC engine alone. Out of my price range. He
said he thought he knew where an AMC 360 was located but it didn't have a
transmission.  I'll probably never do anything but if I do the SBC would be
tempting. Cheaper and parts available everywhere..

===.===

Say...... that Tree limb looks tall enough...
...think that Rope will hold ?

--

    =Bt=
milnersXcoupe