[Amc-list] American upper trunnion woes

OK, I get it now. No really.

Upper trunnion is toast. I just sheared the head off the trunnion bolt.
It is totally frozen solid. I doubt it will ever come out of there now.
I tried everything I could think of.

Got the trunnion/spring perch in the big bench vice, with a piece of
brass to protect the thrust bearing surface. Applied various amounts of
force in various ways.

IT wouldn't take grease, but I cleared out the grease hole, filled it
with Aerokroil, reinserted the Zerk and got it supre pressured up with
the grease gun (hose was stiff) thinking I might push a big of Aerokroil
in there. No go.

Finally used my body weight on the 24" breaker bar and that took the
head off the bolt.

The stuck bolt probably ruined the upper arms, right? They seem a bit
wobbly on the bolt. It appears that the bolt *threads through* the upper
arm? But it's not much more than sheet metal? Is this right? TSM is mum
here. It's a moving, load-bearing part, that seems odd.

Oh well the parts hunt is on. I imagine the drivers side is just as bad.
Off it comes today. Then I'll know if I need two or one!