Re: [Amc-list] bill kraft clone

" From: Wrambler242@xxxxxxxxxxx
"
"  -------------- Original message ----------------------
" From: adh@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx (Sandwich Maker)
" >
" > iirc it was a billet crank.  for ~$3k crower will make you one too...
" > add another $800-odd for custom forged slugs...  polish, balance, and
" > shotpeen the rods...
" >
"
" I believe in that day and age it was likely just a welded steel crank. [Still an undertaking to get to 418"]
" They did a lot of welding and offset grinding on the steel cranks back then.

could've been.  lotta work and $$$ either way!

" I don't intend to go that far. Just a lightly modified 327 will do fine for starters!
" []
"
" My dream is to be able to add the gear vendors OD to it.
" But that's $3K I don't have :[

here's a thought: iirc the front pump on the 4L80 is the same as the
th400 - so, a 'superbell' adapter to put the 4L80 on the nailhead
pattern - or directly to an amc one - should be all that's needed swap
it in...