[Amc-list] Going to AMC show in Denver

Hi, Guys:

Finally decided that I'll go to the AMC show in Denver.  I used to live up by Boulder (about 20 minutes north of Denver) and wanted to give you guys a heads up on a couple of junk yards that have a nice selection of AMCs.

First, Sevens Sons junk yard in Brighton, CO, up 285 about 20 miles due north of Denver, has a lot of mid-60s and a reasonable number of Hornets/Gremlins.  If I recall, and if they've not crushed anything since I was last there two years ago, they're heavy on the 65 - 69 Classics.  And there's one really cool 232 in a Hornet that threw a rod and blasted a hole through the engine block that I always enjoy looking at.

The other very good yard is Speedway.  This is up I-25 near the exit for Colorado 52.  They have a great selection of AMCs, some quite well picked over, and Jeeps.  There's a '62 Ambo wagon there, top of engine pulled, but lots of good glass and interior parts.  I plan to pull the gas tank from this car when I'm there.

A friend of mine bought me (well, he phoned and said "send me money, I bought you a car") another '62 Classic, so I have a box of get-it-running parts that I'll haul out with me.  I'll drive this new car down to the show if I can get up together in time!

- Justin