Re: [Amc-list] WANTED : Dashpad 1964 Classic / Ambassador

Re: [Amc-list] WANTED : Dashpad 1964 Classic / Ambassador

Gary,

I'm not sure a Classic dash pad (63/64 model years) is
shaped the same way on the edges as the Ambo pad.  The
Classic dash pad was found only on the 770 models I
believe.  That car does not have cushioned material
(dash pad material) on the tops of the doors below the
windows.  I think the Ambassadors do have that and the
dash pad is shaped at both ends to match up to the
door cushioning.

So in short, before you buy a Classic dash pad, I
would examine it to make sure it fits.  Having said
that, I think you will be very lucky to find a Classic
or Ambo dash pad in good condition that is actually
for sale.  Time and old Sol did not treat them well.

You may have to go to Just Dashes of some other vendor
to have yours refurbished.  It is expensive I
understand.

Joe Fulton
Salinas, CA