Re: [Amc-list] 66 Ambo...compresion problem..new information

Re: [Amc-list] 66 Ambo...compresion problem..new information

Duane,

The loud noise you heard is from a push rod (most likely bent). My 67
American made the same sort of noise yours did because the push rod
looked like this:

http://www.mattsoldcars.com/1967american/images/engine_stuff/bent_pushrod.jpg

I had about a 1/4 inch gap between the end of the push rod and the
rocker arm. You wouldn't want to run it long term because the lifter
bouncing around on the cam is bad (and the snap ring holding the lifter
together could break) but running it to try and get the valve freed with
the goo of your choice isn't going to hurt anything.

Matt

mhaas@xxxxxxx
Cincinnati, OH
http://www.mattsoldcars.com