[Amc-list] Painting Today

I'm trying to finish the refurbishment of the 77
Gremlin and get it to the smog test staion this week,
finally.   I am completing the repaint of the front
fenders and valance.  They have been removed from the
car and I have used the PPG paint system (DPLF primers
and Concept acrylic urethane top coat).  The local
paint jobber did a very good job of matching the
orange paint using the paint codes in the PPG book.

I'm using a mid-priced HVLP gun and it is working
well.  This is the first time I have ever used HVLP
but I have not really done that much painting in the
past so I did not have to unlearn any old techniques.
My little 5 hp compressor keeps up with the gun so
there are no air supply issues.  There is a little
dirt in the paint, but I plan to gently buff out the
fenders after they are re-installed on the car later
in the week.

Regards,
Joe Fulton