Re: [Amc-list] Disc brake swap

DUH!!! You're right Andrew, I forgot all about those oddball rotors!! The SCAREBIRD kit won't work with 75-78 spindles but will work with all others AFAIK. There should be some spacing differences with 71-74 and 79-83 disc brake spindles that will require shimming the calipers or spindles (with GRADED washers -- common hardware variety vary in thickness, graded don't) to center the caliper over the rotor correctly. The plates are designed for drum brake spindles.

-------------------
Date: Sat, 16 Jun 2007 16:24:54 -0400 (EDT)
From: adh@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx (Sandwich Maker)

" From: farna@xxxxxxx
"
" It won't work with the 75-78 "big bendix" spindles (all 75-76 cars used Big
Bendix, 77-78 Matador).

afaik the '77-8 small bendix also used the big bearing spindle, and
that's why their rotors are getting hard to find.  later small bendix
keep the caliper but use the same small bearing rotor as the final
delco calipers.

--
Frank Swygert
Publisher, "American Motors Cars"