Re: [Amc-list] Eastwood Gas Tank Sealer Kit

On Thu, 2007-06-14 at 23:20 +0000, Mr. AMC wrote:
> It was one of the only 2-3 products from Eastwood I found to be crap.
> And I have used many of their products for over 10 years. I followed
> the instructions to the letter. I even had the tank boiled out at a
> radiator shop as a precaution. Within 6 months the sealer coating came
> loose and clogged the pickup. Luckily for me a new  Eagle gas tank fit
> my yellow 74 Hornet with little mods and 6 years later I put another
> new one in my orange one too. Sometimes there is a place  to penny
> pinch but this is not one in my opinion. I would have it
> professionally done with a guarantee and forget about it.

I recall now you saying this. Not sure what to do -- the only place I
could find that did this wants $550 (yes, half a thousand) to boil it
out. Mine's not leaking, just rusty and dirty. Not much of a chance
finding a good tank for a 63 American. I'll have to do more research.