[Amc-list] Bulltear.com > Don't believe the Hype < 6 to 8 >

[Amc-list] Bulltear.com > Don't believe the Hype < 6 to 8 >

The  company it Bulltear, it's located in Lindstrom, MN.  if I  remember
correctly. Anyway here's a link to their
website  http://www.bulltear.com/
They have a forum on their site too.
I've  haven't purchased anything from them yet.
They sell on ebay too.
Their  AMC engine oiling solutions look like good parts.
I don't know much about  their 6 to V-8 cross member, but if you can't find
an original AMC V-8  cross member, how many other companies are making them??
I suggest you  contact them and ask questions before you write them  off.
Armand

Oh I know Bulltear and I know of the complaint of the cross member as I run  a
Gremlin forum and a Gremlin owner doing a V8 swap had a complaint about the
Bulltear product. and don't get me started on these 'fly by nite'  oiling mods
everyone seems to have a kit for 'rolls eyes'
Bart

= . =

I checked the page - this isn't a cross member, but there are a few
people making / hack  modding cross members for lots of cash so I don't
doubt someone got lashed.

The Bulltear product picture shows a top mounting plate that I presume
bolts to the block - that is bolted to a lower plate via a Poly insulator.

The lower plate I believe is to be welded to your existing cross member -

If that IS the case - I'd say it is a nice alternative to wondering wtf
to do next since V8 cross members and plates are by now $500.00 .

@$179.00 you're still less than half that cost - position the engine / trans.
tack weld - then finish the job.

This method is a preferred engine mount system - originally constructed for
the Off-Road crowd - who ripped engines from stock mounts with fair regularity.

I'm glad to see they've expanded the line to include a 6 to V8 Kit !

I do not know - and I did ask - as to these mounts being used for AMC EAGLE V8
conversions.

They SHOULD work as you'd have removed the stock mount 'tangs' from the member -
only question will be height adjusting - which isn't much to contend with.

I've read the Bulltear AMC Forum alot - recommend it to any AMC owner considering
a V8 rebuild.

You post what you'd like to do - you'll get an interested reply in depth if requested.

These guys run some serious cash AMC builds and kick the crap out of them
in the Off-Road - not chumps.

As to the Oiling problems the AMC V8 has, the Nickle Plated oil pump Bulltear offers
is well received by the JEEP motor builders - - with engines making
STUPID HP.

They mostly worship the 401 but run 360 engines alot -

One good one to review is the Dyno 401 Final -
guy built an over the top 401 'n documented all his dyno
time 'n tear downs.

He flogged this thing until it was leaking everywhere - great info. .

If you're an AMC Engine Freak - get past the Hype - read the entire Forum - it is worth the effort.

--

                            ___
        =Bt=              /~   ~\
  milnersXcoupe          |_      |
   "The Heretic"         |/     __-__
                          \   /~     ~~-_
                           ~~ -~~\       ~\
                            /     |        \
               ,           /     /          \
             //   _ _---~~~    //-_          \
           /  (/~~ )    _____/-__  ~-_       _-\             _________
         /  _-~\\0) ~~~~         ~~-_ \__--~~   `\  ___---~~~        /'