Re: [Amc-list] 1967 Rebel Wagon with Overdrive 232 Six

Re: [Amc-list] 1967 Rebel Wagon with Overdrive 232 Six

" From: Tom Jennings <tomj@xxxxxxx>
"
" On Wed, 2007-06-13 at 01:34 -0400, JohnBherna@xxxxxxx wrote:
" > I have a 1967 Rebel Wagon, 232 Six with Overdrive that I have had since 1973
" > but just got running within the last 6 months.
" >
" > I have an old Chilton Manual that shows a Type-20 Warner T-90 or a Type -21
" > Warner T-96.  Can anyone tell me how to determine which one I have or where on
" > the transmission to look for the part number?
"
" []
"
" It seems exceedingly unlikely that there's a T-96 in there!

i agree; it was probably a price-leader fleet option or something.

" The URLs
" above hint that you ought to have a T14, but I don't think there's an OD
" version of that transmission, but there's ID info on the first URL that
" will help you ID it if you crawl under the car to look (lever positions,
" number of top cover bolts, etc).

1st t14 year was '68, but there is a -rare- o/d.  it looks like a
t86/t90 - 6 bolt top cover - but it's a bit longer, 8 3/4" or so, and
it has a t96 nose [bolt pattern etc].

-jeep- t14s had a t86/t90 nose, and a top shifter.

just for completion, the t15 has a t86/t90 nose, 6 bolt top cover, and
10" case length.