Re: [Amc-list] 65 American AC Condensor question

Re: [Amc-list] 65 American AC Condensor question

Gary,

The fact that your temperature is higher now with the
car "at speed" implies that the condensor is actually
blocking air flow through the radiator.  The situation
will only get worse when you get the system hooks up
and the condensor starts shedding it's heat load too.
So unless you want to get a higher capacity radiator I
recommend that you install a fan shroud and ensure
that alternative air flow leaks around the radiator
are blocked.   I guess there's a reason the AMC
engineers specified fan shrouds on many if not all of
the cars with air conditioning.

Joe Fulton