[Amc-list] setting valve lash, AMC 304

Guys,
I got the heads put on without incident, thanks for the website info. I'm going to put the valves and the rockers in this week. I've been told how to do it but another guy I talked to said I am supposed to use a metering guage and gap between the valve spring and the rocker.

I read in my Chilton's manual and it shows how to install them, but says nothing about gapping. Anyone know what the gap is, if any?
Troy