Re: [Amc-list] '66-'69 Rambler American differences

A: Even in '73 (trucks) it's possible to break a rib from hitting the wheel
EVEN with my belt on! This test dummy learned years ago that belts can keep
you from being thrown from the vehicle, even in minor seeming accidents!

From: Matt Haas <mhaas@xxxxxxx>
Subject: Re: [Amc-list] '66-'69 Rambler American differences
To: "AMC/Rambler owners, drivers and fans."
<amc-list@xxxxxxxxxxxx>

1967 was the first year for collapsible columns.

BTW, besides getting a steering wheel through the chest,
decapitation
was also a possibility (no seat belts). Footage from when they
started
crash testing cars shows some truly brutal things happening to
the
dummies. I think one of the worst I saw was a 30's car hitting a
wall.
The chassis stopped right away but the car body ended up in a
pile over
the engine.

Matt