[Amc-list] 287 problems

well, took me all week with work and all. but i got
the heads off, cleaned up the valve guides and seats.
used some valve fine grit valve grinding compound and
reworked the heads. now i KNOW the valves work great.
the engine runs pretty good in nutral and park. same
thing when i put it in gear, it idles down REAL low,
sometimes dies. still will not pick up no rpm's in
gear. rings and cylinders seem to be in good
condition. no scoring on the walls, no gap in the
rings like they are worn out. im out of ideas. only
thing i can think of now is if there is a possibility
the torque converter could be locked up or something
plug a trans line maybe?? when i jacked the rear end
up, it shifted through all gears seemed fine. once
again tho. no load. anyone have any ideas? im about
tired of that 287. i want a 327 and a bellhousing to
mate my t86/od.

dave stohler
http://picasaweb.google.com/das24rules