Re: [Amc-list] Rambler 1966 770 Classic 4dr. sedan

Re: [Amc-list] Rambler 1966 770 Classic 4dr. sedan

Wouldn't the 66 be torque tube units which are different from the 68
units?  Is it possible to change the aft housing to a torque tube setup?
Probably would have to change the mainshaft as the 66 tranny in my garage
is longer than the 69 tranny.

Wayne

66 Ambo 990 wagon, 327, auto, PS, PDB, PW, 69 Ambo 2 dr, 401 M12
83 Eagle Limited, 82 Eagle SX/4
88 J10, a real truck
2001 XJ, 2000 Cirrus (both hers)
http://www.superglider.thinkhost.com/

On Sun, 03 Jun 2007 22:36:24 +0000 Wrambler242@xxxxxxxxxxx writes:
> I don't know your location.
> All I have is two core units from 68 Americans. Good for hard parts
> only...
> They are free for the cost of crating and shipping.
> They will be disscarded later this summer.
> If I ever get up enough gumption to build my new storage
> building/clean out the old one and tear it down.
>
> --
> Mark Price
> Morgantown, WV
> 1969 AMC Rambler, 4.0L, EFI, T-5
> " I was different before people dared to be different"

> From: Arnaldo Mademilia <turbofish53@xxxxxxxxxxx>
> >
> > I'm still looking for a rambler transmission m-37.
> > Does anyone have one or does anyone knows where I can find one.
> > Thnks,> From: Wrambler242@xxxxxxxxxxx> To: amc-list@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
> Date: Thu, 24
> > May 2007 17:33:28 +0000> Subject: Re: [Amc-list] Rambler 1966 770
> Classic 4dr.
> > sedan> > I didn't see a reply to this.> Yes as long as long as the
> engines match
> > it should be the same.> There were very minor differences over the
> years.> The
> > one thing that was removed from the newer trans was the shift
> cable. I forget
> > what exact year this happened.> You may want to see if both cars
> are so equipeed
> > or if they match.> If you are not doing a full conourse
> restoration and end up
> > losing the cable in the process it is an improvement.> Don't try
> to run a cabled
> > trans without the cable.> > --> Mark Price> Morgantown, WV> 1969
> AMC Rambler,
> > 4.0L, EFI, T-5> > -------------- Original message
> ----------------------> From:
> > Arnaldo Mademilia <turbofish53@xxxxxxxxxxx>> > > > Does the 65
> Ambo wagon came
> > with the same trans as the rambler 66 classic > > sedan?> From:
> > lotharamc@xxxxxxxxxxx> To: amc-list@xxxxxxxxxxxx> Date: Wed, 23 >
> > May 2007
> > 20:01:09 +0000> Subject: Re: [Amc-list] Rambler 1966 770 Classic
> 4dr. > > sedan>
> > > I do. Its from a 65 Ambo wagon, about 60K miles. shifted good
> when > > taken
> > out > 2 years ago. I only drove it a couple miles before then
> though.> > > >
> > _________________________________________________________________>
> Like the way
> Hotmail. > > >

http://imagine-windowslive.com/hotmail/?locale=en-us&ocid=TXT_TAGHM_migra
tion_HM

http://search.msn.com/results.aspx?q=7+wonders+world&mkt=en-US&form=QBRE>

> > -------------- next part --------------> > An HTML attachment was
> scrubbed...> >

http://www.amc-list.com/pipermail/amc-list/attachments/20070523/d6dbb9b4/
attachm
> Amc-list
> > mailing list> > Amc-list@xxxxxxxxxxxx> >
> > Express yourself instantly with MSN Messenger! Download today it's
> FREE!
> > An HTML attachment was scrubbed...

http://www.amc-list.com/pipermail/amc-list/attachments/20070603/fc30d625/
attachm