Re: [Amc-list] 252 six

On Sun, 2007-06-03 at 10:30 -0400, Jay wrote:
> Jim, the 252 was built in the 50s and used in the Ambassador models. it also
> has a side mounted water pump run off the back of the generator.  Maybe that
> is a misprint??

Funny, I was just thinking hat I need to start doing some research on
this older six. I too am curious about the 195.6's lineage.

I suspect the 195.6 OHV is a peculiar dead end, seeing how it's some
Nash head grafted onto the flathead motor. But maybe that head has an
interesting story. I know Edelbrock or Offenhauser made a finned
aluminum head for the early Rambler (Nash) flattie. Always wanted one of
those! (Sort of, not really :-)

I do picture a tiny little turbo bolted onto the top of that flathead
though, it would be a very funny sight. Even 3 - 4 lbs boost would be a
big deal. 150 - 175 hp in the American would be fun and not too
stressful (on the parts :-)