Re: [Amc-list] Replacing Strut-Rod Bushings.

John Elle wrote:

> Snip
>> What's your experience been with the one piece bushings? At least from
>> the illustrations I've seen, it looks like that's what's available
> now.
>
> really? You mean Rambler OEM 1963 style, where you push them through
> from one side and a fat washer distorts them into "grommets"?
>
> The only modern types I've seen
> Snip
>
> My experience has not been bad with strut rod bushings, however I have
> not and do not own anything
> older than 1970.
> All of my 1970 and 1980 TSM' show that both the single and 2 piece
> bushings are interchangeable
> as far as application goes. However the line drawings clearly show that
> if the single piece unit is
<snip>

When I looked them up on Advance's web site, they listed the bushings as
fitting a bunch of cars into the 70's. Here's what they listed:

http://www.partsamerica.com/ProductDetail.aspx?MfrCode=MCQ&MfrPartNumber=FA927&PartType=76&PTSet=A

Matt

--
mhaas@xxxxxxx