Re: [Amc-list] Replacing Strut-Rod Bushings.

On Sat, 2007-06-02 at 12:47 -0700, John Elle wrote:

> How ever I would be willing to place a good bet on the fact that if
> installed correctly, they will work
> correctly. I really have not had a problem with them on my cars, nor on
> ones I have rebuilt for
> others.

I've not found that to be true. I'm of course not taking any of this
personally :-) In fact I'd much rather be the problem, I can fix that
easy enough!

Man I assembled mine with such care, and with so much research, that I
can tell you that in my personal experience, the part is the problem. I
can show you photos installed and presently, the rubber is simply
deforming too quickly, and alignment is changing because of it.

> The latest purchase (from Kanter) supplied me with 2 sets of one piece
> strut rod bushings.

I should call Kanter and see what they say about this part.

I tend to put a lot of highway miles on my old cars, maybe that's it.