Re: [Amc-list] Replacing strut-rod bushing

Re: [Amc-list] Replacing strut-rod bushing

Joe,
Not to be nit picky here but don't you mean caster?
I believe that the strut rods maintain the correct caster. Maybe some
toe might be an added effect, but the tie rods usually control toe in or
out.

I have poly strut bushings in my Javelin because the rubber ones don't
maintain enough
correct caster in my opinion. Yes the poly bushings do squeek some, but to
the knowledgeable
that shouldn't matter. I also have poly sway bar bushings, and upper and
lower spring mount poly bushings,
so some times there's a whole lot of squeekin goin on. Some one mentioned to
me that the control
arms should stay rubber bushed for ride quality, so that's what I did. So
far I'm happy.

Most of this stuff is available through American Parts Depot, and the
bushings for the lower spring mount can
be purchased from a place in the Phoenix AZ area that I believe John Elle
found but can't remember.  If you use
the poly lower spring bushings you need to trim them a bit, but this is very
easy.
If anyone can remember additional suppliers and information please post it
for the guy.

Thanks,
Armand