Re: [Amc-list] Replacing strut-rod bushing

--- Tom Jennings <tomj@xxxxxxx> wrote:

> On Thu, 2007-05-31 at 21:55 -0500, mhaas wrote:
>
> > This has the nice side effect of maintaining toe
> while you do the work;
> I don't trust it to maintain toe after assembly
> (bushings change shape,
> etc) but it's close enough to drive.

This is an important point.  I replaced the bushings
on my Javelin and thought I had the toe-in reset
properly by counting the threads on the rod.  When I
took it to the alignment shop, the guy said "Man you
had that toe-in all messed up.  Good thing you brought
it in."

Joe Fulton
Salinas, CA