----------------
Date: Wed, 30 May 2007 08:53:05 -0700
From: Steve Cornelius <steve.c@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>

John Elle wrote:
> The first place I would look for collector car insurance is with your
> present insurance company that also insures your daily driver or regular
> cars.
> They may have the best all around policy for you.

Hmmm, that's interesting. I didn't think about approaching them for our Jav.

My normal insurance company (who takes good care of us) really put up a
bit of a fuss when we asked to bump the insured value of our XJ (12
years young, 160K miles, but mostly new inside). I asked for $10K,
presented receipts for more, and we ultimately settled on $5K as a fair
insured value. Now I keep my fingers crossed it doesn't get creamed (as
has happened to more than one nice car we've had).

Because of this, I didn't even think of approaching them with a
36-year-old V8 coupe. I figured they'd look at me like I was from the moon.

Now, I never thought of everyday driving with it. I wouldn't dream of
taking it out in weekday traffic here, the risk is just too great in
this city. Club outings and Sunday morning coffee runs are all the risk
I want to take with it, so a collector policy is fine.

But knowing there's a few Ramblers out there on the working for a
living, that's pretty cool ;)

--
Frank Swygert
Publisher, "American Motors Cars"