Re: [Amc-list] switch identification help

Re: [Amc-list] switch identification help

Just as Joe said, it's the OD kickdown switch. It's wired in through the
governor logic on the OD unit and to the - side of the coil (not the +
side).

On the car I previously have a T96 and OD in, I also called it the 'fill
the exhaust system with explosive fuel mixture then blow it off' switch.
The thing in the OD unit stuck for too long, killing spark for a good
second, on the highway at wide-open-throttle. When the governor finally
opened spark returned, the bomb went off and it was LOUD!!!!!! BANG!!!!
and blew the whole end off the brand-new muffler. Up in Oregon on a road
trip, 500 miles from home. Fun.

I think that's fairly rare, luckily.